Open Enrollment begins on February 1, 2021 and will close on February 12, 2021. Enrollment documents must be brought to the Freedom Academy office to finalize student enrollment. There will be a Lottery if needed on February 26, 2021. The week of February 22th, 2021 families will be contacted to advise of enrollment status via mail.
Freedom Academy is an open enrollment school of choice. Any student eligible to attend an Arizona public school may enroll. Students will be enrolled during our open enrollment period, culminating with a lottery for grades in which not all enrolled students can be accommodated. After the open enrollment lottery, students will be enrolled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Every attempt will be made to accommodate students seeking admission. However, due to the capacity of the schools physical plant, the school is limited in its student enrollment. When that limit is reached, a waiting list is established based on the students’ enrollment date and time.
Freedom Academy’s Board adopted policy is in alignment with the state recommendation that a child must reach the age of five (5) prior to September 1st to be eligible for kindergarten and must be age six (6) by September 1st to be eligible for the first grade. We make no exceptions to this policy.
Early advancement of high achieving students is not advised in most cases. Instead, the goal of Freedom Academy will be to individually enrich the program of a high functioning student instead of advancing them to a higher grade.
Take a Tour
Parent group tours are provided throughout the year for prospective parents/guardians to have the opportunity to meet the administration, visit several classrooms, learn about policies and procedures and tour the campus. Tours last about an hour and a half. To reserve your spot, please click the button below. If your preferred date is not available, please contact the front office.
All visitors must enter through the Main Office. Please note that all tours are for adults only. No infants or children will be allowed in order to eliminate distractions while touring through classrooms.
Schedule a Tour
How to Enroll
Download the 2020-2021 Student Enrollment Packet OR 2021-2022 Student Enrollment Packet and complete all the forms contained in it. Bring the completed packet to the school with the following documentation:
- Enrollment Form
- Current and up-to-date Immunization Records
- Arizona Residency Documentation Form and Proof of Residency document
- One of the Following:
- A certified copy of the pupil's birth certificate
- Other reliable proof of the pupil's identify and age, including the pupil's baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the pupil pursuant to Title 8, Chapter 2 certifying that the pupil has been placed in custody of the agency as prescribed by law.
UPDATED SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021